Dear Lovers of Life,
As I begin another year of residency, I begin to get the craving for research. I know, I’m all sorts of nerd. A medical student that I mentor recently asked me how I approach my research calendar for the year. This academic year I presented in 6 different academic conferences! YIKES. How did I manage this? Planning in terms of conferences is crucial, but don’t “go ham” as they say, find your interest, target those venues, and have fun! To aide in that mission I have listed the top 10 ophthalmology conferences, by attendance, word of mouth, and personal experience. Click the links for more information. I encourage you to submit abstracts/papers to many conferences. Conferences are a great way to network, build connections for the future, find job openings, and most importantly open your mind to the latest and greatest advances in eye care. Good Luck and Enjoy!
(Conferences are listed in random order except for number 1, because it holds a special place in my heart!)
1. Women in Ophthalmology
2. American Academy of Ophthalmology
3. National Medical Association- Ophthalmology Section/Rabb Venable Research Program
4. The Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology
5. American Society of Cataracts and Refractive Surgery
6. American Glaucoma Society
7. American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
8. North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
8. American Society of Retina Specialists
9. American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
10. World Ophthalmology Congress
Comment, Share, Discuss about your meeting experience!
Healio is a wonderful resource for finding other conferences: